Food: Nutrition of Green Beans

It is technically not quite summer yet, but I am seeing a lot of delicious produce and when those sales come on, it's easy to pack away the frozen vegetables for a later time and opt out for fresh.

Green beans are a personal favourite of mine. If you didn't know, they are packed with a lot of nutritional value, like Vitamin A, C, K, and of course dietary fibre, which you read more in depth from this site here that has a lot of good articles on health and nutrition:  Nutrition of green beans 

They were in a giant crate at Metro for $1.88/lb, so we bought a good amount to last us the week. We used them as side dishes, and incorporated into our salads.

I know that some people can wash green beans and then consume them raw, but personally I find this extremely difficult on my stomach and digestion.  Once they are cooked, I have no issues eating them cold, but that's as far as I go!

Anyhow, just a quick photo of some fresh green beans that I steamed up, sprinkled with a bit of oregano, maple bacon salt, and a little melted butter. Yum!

How do you like your green beans? Send me an e-mail or leave a note under this post!




No comments:

Post a Comment