Cosmetics Review Wet N Wild: Wear It Out!

I remember back when I was a teenager always seeing the displays of Wet N Wild and buying the electric blues and fuchsia pinks for nail polish. They'd stain my nails horribly, and I would have to scrub it off with nail polisher remover that smelled so bad, the windows always had to be open. The joys of looking pretty. We've certainly come a long way in the beauty industry, haven't we?

Honestly, I never really got into the lip products from Wet N Wild because although they had some beautiful colours, they never seemed hydrating enough and I didn't care for the textures. I recall they were always considered really low-end quality, as opposed to brands like CoverGirl, Maybelline, etc.. Fast forward to today and they are one of my favourite brands to wear! 

I've been getting a lot of compliments lately on my lips, so I guess I made the right purchase going with  Wet N Wild's - Mega Last Matt Lip Cover in the shade Spiked With Rum.  This colour is really flattering, long-lasting (around 4 hours of wear before reapplying) and it leaves your lips feel really creamy. 
"Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts coenzyme Q10 and vitamins A & E help smooth lips." -  Wet N Wild
Here I am, wearing Wet N Wild's Spiked With Rum

So now the downside. The cap is horrible. I came home to find my purse smeared with colour inside as the cap came off without me realizing it. Luckily, I was able to sanitize the lipstick so I didn't need to toss it in the garbage, and I got most of the colour off of my purse, but let me say that the cap is useless. It continues to fall off, even though it looks like it has a good seal and the colour smears on the cap. I don't know if  this is an issue buying online from Amazon, but how disappointing! I cannot take this in my purse, so it just sits on my table and I use it as needed because I don't want another problem.   

Ugh, see what I mean. More lipstick on the cap too!

Overall, I really love the lip colour and all its benefits. Wet N Wild also claims to be cruelty-free, if that is important to you.  I just wish the packaging was better so I could take this along with me when I go out, instead of leaving it lonely in the house.  There are plenty of other products I would love to try from this line, but I do have a bit of hesitancy and I am sure you can understand why. 

💜Check out Wet N Wild's products online: http://www.wetnwildbeauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment