Just One More - Hacksaw Ridge Movie Review

We have watched a lot of movies lately in the theatre, but I think the one that stands out for me the most right now is Hacksaw Ridge.

Director, Mel Gibson, hit this one out of the park, showing the utter brutality of war. Visuals were stunning and the emotional impact of this film will leave you speechless for a while.

Not bearing arms seems like a death wish, but you have to applaud someone for their strong convictions and ability to not back down, even under the most terrifying circumstances. From my viewpoint while watching the film, "God" was not the driving factor in his decision. I know there is a lot of debate when it comes to faith/religious beliefs, so this is just my opinion. Go check out the movie and make your own judgement call.

Regardless, Andrew Garfield was incredible in his role portraying real-life hero in EVERY sense of the word, Desmond Doss. In some scenes, he reminded me a little of Forrest Gump. Hugo Weaving and Vince Vaughn deserve praise as well for their acting roles.

With humanity in a fragile state, "just one more" never meant so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment