The Greatest Showman Movie Review: No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else

Bill and I went to see The Greatest Showman yesterday at Cineplex. I needed to write this review so I wouldn't forget about it and perhaps I can convince my readers to grab a loved one and take a night out and see this amazing piece of work, directed by Michael Gracey.



From the very first scene, I looked over at Bill and noticed that tears were welling up in his eyes.  A moment later, it just got more emotional for the both of us. Every time I wiped a tear away, another one would start to fall. I was just so overwhelmed with emotion and when Jenny Lind (played by Rebecca Ferguson) started to sing, I think I heard the whole audience in the theatre sobbing.

WOW, what a spectacular movie! Every song is a breath of fresh air and just filled with so much passion. Hugh Jackman's performance is incredible, along with Michelle Williams, Zac Efron, Ellis Rubin, Keala Settle, Rebecca Ferguson, and pretty much everyone in the film.

Don't go into the theatre looking for a historically accurate story of P.T. Barnum because you will disappoint yourself. Go into the movie thinking of imagination, hope, happiness. friendship, and love. Celebrate who you are and not what others expect you to be. Bring joy and smiles to the world and appreciate those you love and who love you right back.

Was there anything wrong with the film? My only issue was that some of the CGI moments with the animals felt a little off at times.

It is definitely a movie that I want to add to our DVD collection once it is available to buy.

Although The Greatest Showman came out at the end of 2017, what a magical way to start off our movie viewing adventures in 2018!

Reading up a little bit, the film took 7 years to make. Now that is dedication and shows the true craft of wanting to get it just right. This trailer doesn't do the movie justice, but enjoy anyhow!


No comments:

Post a Comment